Monday, October 20, 2008

Road ID

Hi all.

Those of you know me have heard that I started to commute to work on an electric bicycle. In the few months I've been doing it, I've almost wiped out several times. Once was a dropped chain causing the rear wheel to lock, another was a bee stinging me INSIDE my lip (don't ask...). Anyway, I've started thinking about what might happen if I do wipe out and I'm unable to call for help. Now I've found it - its called the RoadID, and its a little engraved plate with your information on it, that can be mounted on a wristband, ankleband, shoe, or even as a dogtag with your choice of image on the other side. Speaking as an ex-EMT (I'm now a nurse practitioner), I was taught to look for ID bands or necklaces, but not to look for wallets. For one thing, people are afraid of getting sued (there was $300 dollars in that wallet!)

I've got one on order, and if you run or cycle, you should consider getting one. Heck. I think I'm going to get one for my brilliant but no-common-sense 7 year old to wear all the time.
I'll put a link in the sidebar, if I can remember how to do it.

No comments: