Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I hate Redlands Unified School District!

Well, we finally heard back from RUSD. They denied our request to have the School psychologist's report removed from my son's file, but we have the right to appeal. They did put our letters into the file, so anyone who looks can see why we think the psychologist is wrong (18 pages worth of why she's wrong...) At this point, I'm not sure where to go. We could hire a lawyer and go the "my lawyer can beat up you lawyer..." route, but that costs time and money. We could also just drop it, and work on maximizing the services we can get.

The Inland Regional Center (a California thing) has determined my son to be eligible for services through their system. This is interesting, because Regional centers are obliged to cover autism, but not asperger's syndrome. So they think he's autisic too...

I know that the school psychologist is not licensed as a clinical psychologist, educational psychologist, or marriage and family therapist in the state of California. To me that means she can't diagnose. Ah well, the battle continues.

No comments: